Monday, September 28, 2015

Chile - Punta Arenas - Week 43 - New comp !!

Oh this past week has been a little crazy, but I'm sure this week will be a lot easier. 

We had transfers on Wednesday but my comp wasn't going to be here until Thursday so I went and worked in the sector of the Hermana Leaders for the day with one of the Hermana Leaders and another sister who was also waiting for her new comp.
Thursday during our studies, we got a call that my comp had missed her flight so she wouldn't be getting to Punta Arenas until later that night! We went to the church to pick up the group of missionaries that flew in, everyone left with their new comp except me! I had to work in my sector with the Hermana Leader and her new comp, who is also an Hermana Leader, until about 6:00 that night! 
I didn't have any real plans made because I was counting on showing  my comp the new sector and introducing her to the members, so we did a lot of contacting and visiting a few random people. It was a little stressful working with my two leaders, but It wasn't too bad. 

Later that night we went to the airport to pick up my new comp, went to the house, she unpacked her stuff, and we went right to work! 

Her name is Hermana Leiva from Santiago Chile! I'm excited for the opportunity I have to train her, but a little overwhelmed at the same time. I feel like she is a lot more prepared to be on the mission than I was during my training, but maybe its because she already knows the language. She has done really well these last few days, I feel like I don't have anything to teach her! I'm not very good at telling people what to do either, so I'm hoping I will just be able to lead by example and be there  for her when she needs help and support. I'm sure Ill get the hang of it more this week. 

She's kind of quiet so I'm trying to come up with ways to make the studies more fun and interesting for her...I really have no idea what I'm doing, but we are going to see how things go. 

Wish me luck!

Hermana Segura

No comments:

Post a Comment