Monday, April 18, 2016

Chile - Osorno - Week 72 - .. Conclusion..

I can´t believe this is going to be my last blog update from Chile. I really have no words to express how I feel, but overall I feel pretty calm.

 These last few days I have had lots of time to reflect on this past year and a half, and I have come to the conclusion, that my mission is just beginning. This time in Chile was just preparation for a bigger mission that the Lord has in store for me. I was just here to learn and help people along the way. I do not end my mission this week, I'm just ending my training. 

The mission was the "MTC" for my life. There were so many things that I needed for my future that I wasn't going to be able to learn it at home.  The Lord called me on the mission not only to help others, but to help myself. I needed the people more than they needed me. I needed my companions more than they needed me. I needed to be converted, I needed to learn how to pray and study and trust in the Lord. Even though I went for others, I needed it for me. Now that sounds a little self centered, but its true. 

These 18 months changed my future and I will never be able to thank my Father in Heaven for giving me this opportunity to serve and represent my Savior Jesus Christ. .-I tried my best and He trusted me enough to do his work for a time and blessed me so much along the way.  What more could I ask for?

I am going to miss the mission so much, but I know there is nothing left here for me. I did what I needed to do, and now I am needed at home. I have another mission ahead of me, and I am looking forward to applying the things that I learned in this mission! 

My treasure that I am bringing home from the mission is my testimony. Not only my testimony, but my conversion. I know without a doubt that my Savior lives. I know that His gospel has been restored and is on the earth today. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that by the power of God he translated the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it is our map to get back to our Heavenly Father. This gospel is true. I feel like saying that "its true" just doesn´t do it justice.  Its the truth and the only truth. 

The mission was the best choice I could have made for my life. I don`t think I will go a day without thinking about my mission. I loved every moment, the good and bad. I have grown so much thanks to those hard times and I wouldn´t change a thing. I am so grateful for the person I have become and I'm so glad I get to bring her home with me! 

Just because I won´t be "Hermana Segura" anymore doesn´t mean I have to go back to being the person I was before, and that comforts me. I´ll be "Hermana Segura" forever, everyone will just call me "Sam" for short. =) 

I really don't know what else to say. I feel like my thoughts don`t really make sense, but that's okay!
I just want to thank you all for your support and your prayers for the missionaries around the world. They are God´s army and are saving much more than lives. They are saving the souls of our brothers and sisters. This is God's work and he needs our help. 

May we never be ashamed to share this wonderful message with everyone!  

Glory be to our Father in Heaven. 

See you Friday.....

Hermana (Sam) Segura ;)

Last pic at the plaza...

Volcan Osorno on the way to Purranque.

No comments:

Post a Comment