Monday, June 8, 2015

Chile - Pucòn - Week 27 - Sometimes He lets it rain..


Holy Hannah,

I have never seen so much rain in my life. It has  been raining everyday non stop for the last week. But aside from the rain, this week was pretty good!

Everyone is progressing really well! Jesica and Damian and their family are studying the scriptures every night together which is like huge for them. Jesica`s son Brandon is seriously a miracle. He is reading the Book of Mormon on his own along with all the pamphlets. The other day we taught them about family history and gave them a My Family pamphlet to fill out with info about their ancestors to help them get started. Yesterday we went to teach them again and Brandon said that he had already started filling it out and that he went to his grandmas house to talk to her and get more info about is great grandparents........WHAT? Is this even real? I have no idea, but it's incredible.
All of them are progressing so well.
Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting and our investigator (practically member) Magali got up and shared her testimony! It was so awesome. One of the coolest experiences I`ve had here. She is so amazing. 
Maria is also doing well. She understands everything and is keeping her commitments so thats good! The other day we had a lesson with her and decided to sing a hymn together. We sang "Nearer My God To Thee" and it made her cry. Love the spirit that the hymns bring! 
Friday we had an experience in the rain......We left the house at 3:00 as usual and by 3:15 I was soaking wet, boots and all. I have never seen it rain so hard in all my life, let alone been in the middle of it all. I didn´t know what else to do but laugh! My comp and I just stood there and laughed! A few minutes later it stopped a little, so we kept on walking. I was soaking wet, freezing cold, but I realized I was smiling. I thought to myself "this is awful, I am soaking wet, cold, we have to walk for hours everyday, my feet hurt, my legs hurt, my makeup is running down my face, there is no one to talk to on the street and I'm pretty sure no one would want to talk to us right now, this is hard.....why am I smiling?" It's the gospel. The gospel is the source of true happiness. Sharing the gospel has brought me more happiness than I could ever imagine, but it's a different kind of happy, it's a happy that comes from the inside, not from something outside that the world can provide. It's awesome!  
 
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share the source of true happiness!

Hermana Segura

No comments:

Post a Comment