Monday, July 27, 2015

Chile - Punta Arenas - Week 34 - Half way there...

 Well folks, Wednesday, July 22, I officially hit the half way point! I really can't believe how fast the time has gone. It's all downhill from here!
    These past few weeks have been really good! We are super busy all the time, lots of walking, lots of people to visit. Our sector is pretty big so we have to walk  (run) a lot to get to our appointments on time. 
     Our two investigators, Christian and Vanessa are doing well. They both came to church last Sunday, but they weren´t there this Sunday, which means their baptism date fell. We were really hoping they would be able to get baptized this transfer, but it looks like we are gonna have to push it back another few weeks. Christian is really prepared and ready, but Vanessa not so much. She is progressing well, but says she wants to do everything in her time and in her way. She doesn´t want to feel pressured.....We are trying to help her understand that there isn´t a lot of time to wait, hopefully in the next few weeks she will be ready!
    Other than that we don´t have a lot of people that are super close to baptism. We are teaching people, but not many are prepared right now. We have been working really hard on trying to get 10 contacts daily (not as easy as it sounds) and at least 1 baptism invitation everyday (also not easy) in hopes of finding someone that is really prepared. As a zone, we talk alot about how we only have a short amout of time with the authority to invite people to be baptized, so we should do it as much as possible. That is our purpose here. Invite others to come unto Christ, and if we aren´t inviting them, we are denying them the opportunity to repent and come unto Christ. That´s pretty heavy. Hopefully this week we will be able to be better at that!
    I can´t believe how fast the time is going, but I am so grateful that have 9 more months to continue learning, progressing, and helping others to progress! These past 9 months have been the hardest, most exhausting, and wonderful, most fulfilling months I've ever had. There is nothing more amazing than watching the gospel change people. I know that this next half of the mission is going to go by even faster, so I pray I will be able to keep up and put all of my strength and efforts into every single day. I know that this gospel is true, I know this is the work of the Lord, and I am proud to be His representative for a short time here in Chile! I am so grateful for all of the things the Lord as blessed me with and for the opportunity I have to share these blessings with everyone!  
 
Here´s to 9 more months! ¡VAMOS! 
Hermana Segura
Not sure what is up with my left foot....but its always swollen and my toe is black. I feel like that's a problem...
but we are just gonna go with it. My body is starting to fall apart......

Happy 9 months to us! This is Hermana Mota from Brazil!
We are from the same group of missionaries that came in December and now we are in the same zone!
We will end the mission together too! She is hilarious! 


Ice skating with the Chileans! Super fun!

LOOK WHAT I FOUND AT THE STORE!!!

this wall in my sector, it is made out of plastic bottle caps! Super cool!

this is one of our investigators, Solange. She will be moving to Buenos Aires this week so
we won't be able to keep teaching her.
We are super sad, but she said she is going find the missionaries in Argentina!

No comments:

Post a Comment