Monday, January 18, 2016

Chile - Osorno - Week 59 - Migraines and Miracles- Part 2 !!!

Aaaaaaaand we are just seeing more miracles here folks! This has seriously been the most exciting month of my mission!

As I mentioned last week, we were going to see if the Patriarch could pull some strings for us so that Catherine could get baptized this week. On Monday we went to visit her and after the lesson she said 
"so, I guess I'm not getting baptized on the 23rd?" I said, "oh no, don't you worry! We found someone who is going to help us out! Say your prayers tonight and everything is gonna work out. You are gonna get baptized the 23rd!" 

That night we called the Patriarch and he said "I talked to one of my coworkers today, if Catherine goes to the Court House tomorrow and asked for the SeƱora (some lady) and mentions my name, she will give them a date before the 23rd, special exception." 
We called Catherine right away and told her what she needed to do. Tuesday she went to the Court House, talked to the lady, and we are happy to announce that Catherine and her boyfriend Jose Luis will be married Saturday, January 23rd, and that Catherine will be baptized Sunday, January 24th!!!!!

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! GOD IS A GOD OF MIRACLES!!!!! Amazing what faith and works can do!.  If your desire is just and you do your part, God will always provide a way! 
We are so excited for them! Jose Luis isn't ready to be baptized right now, but we are working with him as much as we can and he will be baptized here in the next few weeks! 
We are hoping for the middle of February!! 

We also have the baptism of our investigator Carlos on Saturday!!  He is doing great and is ready to go!! Amazing how the people here are so prepared! This place is crazy!! 

Wednesday I had the opportunity to go to the doctor for the first time in the mission and figure out what was up with my head. The doctor told me "you have a headache" ... no kidding, that's why I'm here, mujer (woman) !! . She told me I was fine and that I just needed to rest for a bit so I slept for 2 days straight, took some pills and now I'm good! I think I was just super tired.

This week is gonna be super crazy, but I'm super excited! Next week I will be preparing for a new companion and for my 2nd to last transfer........

I LOVE THE MISSION!!!!

Hermana Segura

Guardians of the Font! If you want to be baptized,
you must go through us! =)
As with every baptism, something has to go wrong with the font. 
This weeks episode was that the Elders filled the font
with freezing water, so we had to unplug the thing to let some cold water out
and put some hot water in but when we went to plug it up again,
the plug didn't fit in the hole... I had to go in and shove it in the stinking hole.
It was about a 15 minute fight, but I finally got it in and
we were able to fill it up again in less than 30 minutes! Miracles happen....
  
Camila was baptized by her Dad on Saturday!
It was awesome to see how much her dad has changed
in these last few weeks. He has been inactive for many years,
but when Camila said that she wanted to be baptized,
he put forth lots of effort to change and get back into the church.
He is now active in the church and was able to baptize his daughter! 

White is my new favorite color ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment