Monday, February 1, 2016

Chile - Osorno - Week 61 - The Book of Mormon.

Bueno, this week I would like to share the experiece that I have had on my mission with the Book of Momon.
Confession: Before the mission, I had only read the Book of Mormon one time. When I began my mission, if you had asked me what my favorite story in the Book of Mormon was, I wouldn't have been able to tell you. When I hit six months on the mission, I decided to start reading it from the beginning. 
I finished it in about 4 months and that helped me a lot! I finally new some of the stories and could remember where to find many of the scriptures that I used a lot as a missionary! 
In October, President Obeso came out with a challenge to read the book of Mormon In 3 months and gave us an outline of the chapters that we had to read daily. I started reading my copy of the Book of Mormon in Spanish at the beginning of November and was able to finish it yesterday! It was such an awesome experience! I don't know what the difference was this time, other than it was in a different language, but the stories and people became real to me and I began to feel a love for the Book of Mormon that I have never had before! 
Last night I decided to take up the challenge that Moroni left at the end and ask Heavenly Father if the book is true. I am happy to announce that YES, the Book of Mormon is true! I didn't see a vision, an angel didn't appear to tell me that it was true, but the Holy Ghost testified to me very clearly that these ancient records are true, that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God, and that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that he lives! It wasn't anything grand, but just enough to let me know that it was true and that I never have to doubt. 
For those who have never read the Book of Mormon, I invite you to do so. If you have never asked to know if it is true, I also invite you to do so! But I testify that it is! 

Hermana Segura

No comments:

Post a Comment