Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Mexico MTC - Week 2

¡Hola, hola!!!
 
Man I cant believe how fast this week has gone by! I feel like I have so much to tell you guys!! sorry if last weeks email was kinda crazy. I was just trying to get all that info down in an hour and crying the whole time didn't help me much, but its all goooood!! 
 
Well p days are the best! We kinda just get to hang around, do laundry, clean our room, play ball in the gym, that kind of stuff. It is so nice to have a break from the 16 hour study days. I don't realize how close I am to having a mental break down until like Monday night when I realize I get a break the next day! Its a good mental break down though! Tuesday is not only p-day, its also PIZZA NIGHT!!!! I still love my rice and beans everyday, but there's just something about pizza....
 
I seriously can't even express to you how much I love it here at the CCM!!! we pretty much have the same schedule everyday, but it never gets boring! I wake up every morning so excited to see what the day brings, even if its just studying for hours on end and sitting through 4 hours of language study. It's the best and I wouldn't want to be doing anything else!!
 
This week was full of excitement though! Our convert Hector that committed to be baptized, turned out to be our teacher. The first week Hermana Perez was our teacher and then, after we were done teaching Hector she was like oh by the way, Hector is actually your real fundamentals teacher, I'm just your language teacher, and then in walks Hector/ Hermano Carranza........ we were like what the heck....He is such an awesome teacher though! We are now teaching a woman by the name of Juana Maria, played by Hermana Perez! Last night was our first night teaching her and it was great! It's weird how someone can go from your teacher to your investigator, and be a completely different person. I didn't feel like I was teaching Hermana Perez, she was Juana, and she needed the gospel in her life. 
 
This work is seriously so crazy. I cannot believe how much Spanish I know and how much the Lord has helped me get to where I am. Two weeks ago I would have never thought that I would be teaching lessons, giving talks, and bearing my testimony and praying in Spanish in front of people after just 10 days in the MTC. Last night while teaching Juana, words were literally flying into my head and out my mouth. No joke. The gift of tongues is real. I said things in that lesson I didn't even know I knew how to say, but because I opened my mouth, the Lord filled it with the things I needed to say and with what Juana needed to hear. It's incredible. The feeling is indescribable. If I had to come home right now, my testimony would be 10x stronger than it was when I got here. I thought I had a strong testimony, and that is why I chose to serve, but I was wrong. Things happen here that cannot be explained any other way other than that God lives, and He is watching over His missionaries every second of every day, and He is helping us through it all. This gospel is true. I know that now more than ever. 
 
Being here is like a dream! I can't believe I'm actually on my mission. I was talking to my companion and my roommates this morning about how we are beginning an adventure that will affect us through the eternities. What a crazy thought! At the same time life back home feels like a dream.....everything is just really weird, but in like the best way ever!!
 
Thank you all for each of your little paragraphs! I would love to email you all individually, but I don't have a ton of time and I'm still trying to get the hang of this Spanish keyboard....which really isn't that different from an English keyboard.....but for some reason it's giving me grief....I will get faster at emailing eventually.
 
Im glad grandma's funeral went well. I'm sad I couldn't be there to support you guys, but I know if I was still at home, I wouldn't have had the experience I had with Grandma before I left. I got to talk to her and say my goodbyes, because I knew they were probably going to be my last. I am so happy for her though! She is finally back home! Getting that email last week was really hard, but it truly showed me the meaning of forgetting myself and getting back to work. I cried about it for an hour, hugged my companion, and went back to work and didn't think about it again until Saturday, when I figured the funeral was happening. The Lord blessed me with comfort in knowing that you guys would be okay without me there, and comfort in knowing that maybe grandma was just waiting to send me off, and then wanted to come along for the ride!

I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve the Lord and represent Jesus Christ! This is the greatest experience ever and the greatest work ever!! It's hard, but a different kind of hard. Hard as in hard work, but its so much more rewarding than it is hard! I'm loving every second of it and Im sure it gets better from here! I love you all and I miss you lots, but I know this is EXACTLY where I am supposed to be! 
 
Love you!
 
Hermana Segura
 
I'm gonna send some more pics that I didn't get the chance to send last week and a few from this week! I love this place and my district so much!
The Lord was looking out for me !!
 
Me and my comp Hna. Cheadle from Minnesota.
 
We drink these every morning to help us from getting sick !
 

 
This is our room. I sleep on that bottom bunk!
Notice how the bed is made and the floor is free of clothing.
Laundry is rough... just kidding, we have a washing machine !!

No comments:

Post a Comment