Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Mexico MTC - Week 5 - Flight Plans

Hola, everyone!!! And happy Thanksgiving!

I can't believe I have been gone a month already!! Time is seriously flying by! I got my flight plans this morning and I leave the MTC at 3:00 Monday afternoon! My flight from Mexico doesn't leave until 7:45 that night and then we get to Santiago around 6:00 Tuesday morning! After that we have a flight to Osorno and we will get there around 2:00! According to my travel plans, we will be in Osorno for about 10 days before we get to what might  be our first area, Valdivia. I'm not sure if that is what's going to happen, but that's what it looks like to me! All the people in my district that are going to Osorno have the same plans so I'm really excited that I will get to be with them through this craziness! I am going to miss the CCM so much. I feel like I'm leaving home all over again. This week is gonna be rough.

This last week was good! A lot of the same stuff happening. The Spanish is getting harder, more complicated. I have no idea how people remember all the different forms and tenses and irregular verbs and all that. I'm sure it's the same for people learning English, but I go from feeling like I'm pretty good at Spanish, to sitting through another 4 hours of language study and I'm just like I have no idea what is going on.
But by some miracle, it sinks in! 
 
Yesterday I had a cool experience teaching our investigator, Jose. We were planning on teaching him about faith and repentance, but when we asked him how he was doing and how he felt about the Book of Mormon and about the church, He said he felt something different and wanted to learn more! He then said that the past week he had a lot of his friends invite him to go drinking with them, but for some reason, he felt like that was wrong and he didn't really have the desire to drink anymore. We hadn't even taught him the Word of Wisdom yet! Right then I knew he needed to hear that lesson so I turned to my companion and said "Word of Wisdom" she nodded and we taught the Word of Wisdom in Spanish for the first time! I have been studying the Book of Mormon a lot and I have marked up a ton of things, so when I can use a scripture to teach something, I can pull it out really quick. So I turned to D and C 89 and shared with him the promises and blessings from living the Word of Wisdom. After we were done teaching my companion turned to me and said that she was just about to nudge me and tell me she felt like we needed to teach the Word of Wisdom right as I turned to tell her the same thing! I knew we had listened to the spirit. It would have been so easy to dismiss his comment about drinking and go on with our lesson plan, but that wouldn't have been right. Even though we weren't really familiar with the Spanish in that lesson, somehow we made it through! After this I realized that even though I am nervous to get out into the field and teach real investigators who only speak Spanish, the Lord is going to help me through it and that I know enough Spanish to go out and teach. My Spanish is far from perfect, but with hard work I know it will come! I am so excited for my next adventure! 
 
Countdown to Chile: 6 days!! 
Hermana Segura
 
My district and I today!!

the first big nasty bug i´ve seen here ....gross!!

Sometimes the struggle is real.....

This large package of goodness is like 50 cents.I love dem.....

My favorite Hermanas!!

Happy thanksgiving from district 7B!!!
We were attempting to be a thanksgiving meal cuz we don´t know if we are going to get one.
Hermana Gauger and I are Indians, no one wanted to be a pilgram
 

No comments:

Post a Comment